Dovid Wilder writes in the Jerusalem Post:
Bushy beards and Bleeding Hearts by David Wilder Hebron דוד וילדר http://m.jpost.com/Blogs/The-Wilder-Way/Bushy-beards-and-Bleeding-Hearts-449974
I'd like to enumerate some of what bothers me. I hope I'll remember everything, or at least the most significant points.
Yesterday, Netanyahu spoke with the soldier's father, telling him that he 'understands' the parents' feelings, and urging them to 'trust' the IDF examination and conclusions about the incident.
This is the same Netanyahu who condemned the soldier's actions almost before he was arrested. And the same Netanyahu, who a few days later, stated that conclusions shouldn't be reached before the IDF examination is finished.
Israeli Defense Minister Moshe Yaalon began, and continues to walk in the shadow of evil, declaring time and time again that the soldier is not a 'hero,' rather 'he stinks.' Yaalon has nothing but criticism for anyone and everyone, private citizen, MK or Minister, who shows any support for the soldier.
Israeli C-I-C Eizenkott from the outset, exclaimed that the soldier's act was immoral, contradicting the ethics of the IDF.
He then wrote and distributed a letter to all soldiers, expressing support for 'any combatant who errs in the heat of battle' but will prosecute to the full extent of the law 'any combatant who disregards and acts in contradiction to IDF morals and ethics.'
Dr. Haim Shine of Israel Hayom and Eitan Meir of Im Tirzu in their posts emphasize that it was wrong to judge the soldier prematurely.
Unfortunately, Prime Minister Netanyahu, Defense Minister Yaalon and IDF Chief of Staff, Lt. Gen Gadi Eizenkot who are not lay people did condemn the IDF soldier prematurely! How can the IDF be objective against their superiors bias?
From Imra March 25, 2016
Note the following quotes:
The soldier: "I did the right thing at the right time in order to prevent anything else bad from happening, [the terrorist] wore a thick coat and therefore I feared that he would stand and detonate an explosive belt. After I saw the terrorist moved I shot him. I just feared that the terrorist would blow himself up."
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu: [this incident does not] “represent the values of the IDF.”
Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon: “We must not allow, even at a time that our blood boils, this loss of control. This incident will be dealt with with the utmost severity.”
IDF Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Gadi Eizenkot: "This is not not the IDF. These are not the values of the IDF or the IDF culture."
- Courts, not the street, will decide the fate of the Hebron soldier Anyone who wants the best for the soldier involved in the Hebron shooting should wait patiently for the court to rule based on the evidence. Thank the Lord we live in a country where the fate of a person on trial is decided by the courts. by Dr. Haim Shine http://www.israelhayom.com/site/newsletter_article.php?id=32855 (My comments: Unfortunately PM Netanyahu, DM Yaalon and COS LT. Gen Eizendot did not wait patiently and their comments were not comments from the street. They now tainted any court investigation and decision)
- Im Tirzu: Standing up for Those Who Protect Us
- Following the video that emerged of an IDF soldier killing a terrorist in Hebron, we have witnessed a wave of condemnations and criticisms from those who have taken it upon themselves to act as judge, jury, and executioner in place of the military investigation.
- IDF soldiers put their lives on the line in order to protect us and they deserve our support before we start jumping to conclusions based on "evidence" provided by an organization that regularly defames the IDF.
- Im Tirtzu supports and stands behind our soldiers! (My comments: It seems clear from this statement that Im Tirzu is not happy with premature condemnation from PM Netanyahu, DM Yaalon and COS LT. Gen Eizenkot)
Our goal is to strengthen the IDF and not chas vesholom to weaken it. .
It is difficult to shed this Galut mentality of over 2000 years.
By openly questioning and being critical of current Moral and Ethics Standards of the IDF we build antibodies to fight this deadly disease whose aim is to neutralize the IDF.!
We all pray to G-d, soldiers as well, that no Chayal hurts or kills any innocent person, foe or friend unnecessarily. G-d knows what is in each persons heart. However, a Chayal must do his job which is to defend Israel to the best of his/her ability.
By coming to the Soldier's defense from Hebron at this point in time, we are applying counter pressure to the political pressures at large on the Defense Ministry which come to prosecute the IDF Soldier and by extension make the entire IDF look bad and immoral.
Weak leadership weakens the IDF.
We do not question the tremendous importance and need for the IDF
Prime Minister BENYAMIN Netanyahu. You and the IDF under your leadership have betrayed the trust of the people of Israel. Time for DAVIDIC Like Leadership in Israel.
אם אינכם מצליחים לצפות במסר לחצו כאן
IMTI student activists continued to organize activities and lectures on campuses throughout the country. Last week Hebrew U, Bar-Ilan, and Haifa U/Technion each hosted their first lecture of the Program for Zionist Thought, followed this week by Tel-Aviv U with a special lecture from Caroline Glick!
Award for Human Rights This past week we presented Sarah Zoabi, an Israeli Muslim Zionist, with an award in recognition of her work to integrate minorities into the IDF and Israeli society and for her advocacy on behalf of Israel.She was invited to give the first lecture of Im Tirtzu's Program for Zionist Thought at Hebrew University, where she spoke about the integration of minorities within Israeli society and Israel's right to exist as a Jewish state.At the conclusion of the lecture, she was presented with an award by Im Tirtzu's Hebrew University branch coordinator.
Saying Goodbye to Meir Dagan, 10th Director of the Mossad - click hereJerusalem Post
BDS from Within: Israelis of the "Israeli Apartheid Week" - click hereIsrael National News
A Less Obvious Reason Why Israelis Love Purim - click hereAlgemeiner
This Week in Israeli History: The Father of Prisoners, Zerubavel Horovitz and Operation Defensive Shield - click hereJerusalem Post
Join us in protecting Zionism in Israel!For quick and easy tax-deductible donations - click here
Sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by email@example.com
Sender: Im Tirtzu
Sender's address: P.O. BOX 53204 Jerusalem
Unsubscribe | Edit your details | Report abuse
Rav Messer, email marketing and landing pages
Most of these emails are posted on Shemittahrediscovered.blogspot.com