From: "Buddy Macy" <email@example.com>
Date: Aug 7, 2016 8:05 AM
Subject: Re: Draft 9 Days Letter Writing Campaign to Save Homes from being demolished in Amona.
To: "Moshe Elkman" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Robin Ticker" <email@example.com>
B"HDear Robin,Once again you are keeping us "awake"!I would like to suggest that the message needs to be condensed to just 3-4 lines with perhaps an image and a good heading "punch line"How about:Fight ISIS not JewsWhat lessons were learnt from the expulsion of 10,000 of our brothers and sisters from their homes in Gush Katif in 2005?*Divorces? *suicides? * drugs? * youth disillusionment? *lowering army morale? * emboldening our enemy?Gush Katif 2005Amona 2006Save Amona.......Jews do not expel JewsTorah answerJust an idea...I am sure you can improve this...we also need to make sure the message gets through to PM...who personally knows an MK who can deliver the message?Best wishes,MosheOn Sunday, 7 August 2016, 20:33, Robin Ticker <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
bs"dRenanah and Joe, amv"shAs per our discussion on Friday about getting a powerful letter writing campaign to save Amona to Netanyahu, the Knesset members etc. here is my letter to fellow Jews to get them motivated to even write letters..We need to get this campaign out to as many activists, publications, social media sites etc.I realize that this is a bit long. It's not a sample letter but rather a precursor to the letter.Wanted to know your thoughts. Kol Tuv. Robin the same for all of you cc'dDear Fellow Jew, amv"shIn Tisha Baav 2005 the Government of Israel and the IDF demolished the homes of 10,000 Jews in Gush Katif. 22 beautiful farming Communities on the Mediterranean Sea. Their homes, their shuls, their cultural centers, their lilvelihood, their lives, their hothouses their flowers, their tomatoes, their produce... everything they worked for with love sweat and tears... uprooted or destroyed. For What? For rockets and more rockets upon Southern Israel....And we felt their pain. We were horrified after the fact..... Or were we really? After all... we weren't the ones actually suffering, not like those who lived in Gush Katif and not like those living in Sderot.Now the government once again wants to destroy Amona, a settlement in the Shomron.It is a test case to see how much we care about Judea and Samaria.Obama calls building in Jerusalem corrosive and provocative. He speaks of a Palestinian State. We know exactly what they have in mind....G-d is watching us very carefully now before Tisha Baav. Will we stand by Silently and let the government get away with it once again succumbing to external pressures or will we come out and demand that NO MORE JEWISH HOMES ARE TO BE DEMOLISHED in Judea and Samaria like what was done in Gush Katif. This will apply counter pressure. However, we need to respond with force. This way Netanyahu can honestly respond to those who wish to pressure Israel that no one can not overrule G-d and the will of the people.Jews all over the world must protest!Now Gadi Eisenkot is in Washington DC https://www.idfblog.com/blo
g/2016/08/02/idf-chief-staff-, negotiating an arms deal with the Obama Administration. One can't help but wonder the coincidence which prompted the Obama Administration to claim that "Even Israel says Iran deal was a success" U.S. President hails nuclear deal between Iran and the West, says Israel thinks the same http://www.israelnational gadi-eizenkot-arrives-us/ news.com/News/News.aspx/216040 . My assumption is that Obama is bribing Israel with a military arms package in order to advancethe Nuclear Iran Deal. It seems to fit with his modus operandi.it is imperative that we let the members of Knesset and Netanyahu that we are not happy with him and that the land of Israel is not HIS to give away. In case you forgot who Gadi Eisenkot is, he is the one that condemned the Israeli soldier in Hebron for neutralizing the terrorist before a fair investigation. http://www.jewishpress.com/bl ogs/a-soldiers-mother/gadi-eiz. We don't trust him either to represent the best interests of Israel! enkot-should-resign-now/2016/ 03/28/May those that are strong in Faith be strong in Voice! The Message is a religious one. Ein Od Milvado. There is no One we can put our faith in other than the Almighty.If we stop this demolition then perhaps Hashem will see that we are doing Teshuva for our Silence in 2005.Dear fellow Jew...We hear where you are coming from. Here are some of the reasons we have heard as per why you may not wish to write such a letter:
- This is just a small insignificant community in the Shomron.
- The Government simply wants to displace Amona to a different location. The settlers will get compensated.
- The settlers should have expected this since they settled in a place without the proper permits
- I don't live in Israel and it is not my place to tell the government of Israel what to do.
- I have no clue about what this is about. Never heard of Amona
- We need to have good relations with the USA and they might not provide us millions or billions of dollars in military arms deal and funding for Yeshivoth that we desperately need. It will anger the Goyim.
- The Rabbanim haven't advised us and I follow Daas Torah. I really don't have clarity what the Rabbanim think..
- it's not clear whether the Gedoilim are against a 2 State Solution
- It is not clear whether the Gedoilim are for Settlers living in Judea and Samaria.
- I get the impression that the Gedoilim think it is Pikuach Nefesh to live in Judea and Samaria
- Until Moshiach comes perhaps we shouldn't be in Israel or in Yehuda and the Shomron.
- The mainstream Jewish Orgs like Agudah and OU focus primarily on obtaining funding for the Yeshivoth and will refrain from positions that hamper their efforts. Religious Organizations refrain from making religious statements since that could be misinterpreted as political which would cause them to lose their tax exempt status as per the Johnson amendment. That is why...
- They do not openly support the Republican Platform even though it would encourage annexation of Judea and Samaria by Israel and reject the establishment of a Palestinian State.
- They only superficially opposed the Iran Deal
- They refrain from speaking about our Biblical rights to Judea and Samaria and Israel's entitlement based on the Torah
- Have yet to take a strong public position against the UNESCO removal of any Jewish connection with Jewish Heritage Sites such as Temple Mount, Maarat HaMachpela, Kever Rochel, Kever YosefDear Fellow Jew: Perhaps consider for the following answers which might change your mind:
- Hashem is giving us another chance on a small scale. This one is an easy one to fight. When we claim our rights to settle in the Shomron we are telling the world that Jews have the right to settle in our Biblical Homeland in Judea and Samaria. When the gov't demolishes even one home, it sends the message that we ourselves are insecure of our entitlement to settle in Judea and Samaria. If we can't even convince ourselves and fight this battle what are our hopes to win much bigger battles?
- Displacement is not an option. No home in Judea and Samaria should be demolished in order to please the demands of those who do not wish us to settle in our Biblical Homeland.
- It is the height of stupidity to destroy perfectly good homes and communities
- you can not replace the love and sweat and tears that went into building the original homes, shuls, cultural centers etc.
- It is a terrible, pointless waste of money, time and energy that should only be spent building new homes that are needed and not on destroying homes.
- It causes terrible emotional suffering and trauma
- it empowers our enemies to attack and claim that we are unlawful "occupiers" of the Land of Israel.
- The question is not why Jews settled our Biblical Homeland on barren hilltops without the proper permits but why didn't the government grant these Jews permits to settle the Land. Why did they not approve permits for Jews to build in Judea and Samaria but did approve permits for Arabs?
- And if you are so concerned with legalities, remember that at times, laws are not always good.
- Sodom had immoral laws
- Nazi Germany had immoral laws
- Totalitarian Countries all over the world have immoral laws.
- Americans had a revolution because of intolerable acts by England based on immoral laws.
- And if you are so concerned with legalities perhaps the Gov't of Israel should investigate 80,000 illegal Arab Structures according to https://www.facebook.com/ groups/110714605633989/ permalink/1150720684966704/ Jewish Heritage Project. Check with Regavim as well.
- Even if some of us are not living in Israel, we do have a say regarding our collective entitlement in Judea and Samaria. We learn this from this weeks Parsha whereby the inheritance of the Nation of Israel was determined by those who left Egypt and those who entered the Land of Israel. Therefore, since we are descendants of the above, we too have a portion, a Chelek, in Eretz Yisroel. In the Diaspora and in Israel, we say in Mussaf prayer on Shabbos שתעלינו בשמחה לארצנו ותטעינו בגבולינו. We ask Hashem to bring us up in gladness to our land and plant us within our borders. That clearly is proof that the Land of Israel is part of our collective inheritance. And if we argue that it doesn't apply today, isn't it true that every Jubilee year, Yovel, the land returns to it's original property owner? Many claim that this year is a Jubilee Year as was 1967. Each Jew has a parcel of Eretz Yisroel that is their inheritance. That is what we pray for...that Hashem plant us in our individual parcel of Land.
- If you are unfamiliar with the story of Amona then please visit the following Link which will provide the necessary background to understand the seriousness and urgency of the matter. http://shemittahredisc
overed.blogspot.com/search?q= Amona&max-results=20&by-date= true
- The Obama Administration are masters of Divide and Conquer. Throw a bone here and a bone there. Torah comes first. Funding our Yeshivoth and social programs and even accepting military aid to Israel need to take a back burner to Torah Statements and not the opposite. All the above funding is blood money if they silence dissent...It appears as if the Major Jewish Organizations were silenced from mobilizing hundreds of thousands of Jews to
- protest $150 billion dollars to a nuclear Iran.
- Protest Oslo and the 2 State Solution
- Protest Annapolis
- Protesting the expulsion from Gush Katif.
- We must be very wary of any military package now being dangled in front of Netanyahu with Eisenkot representing Israel that might silence
- continued protest against a nuclear Iran.
- protest against disconnecting Israel from Temple Mount and the Holy sites
- protest a construction freeze in any part of Israel especially in our Biblical Heartland East Jerusalem, Judea and Samaria
- protest for further negotiation for a Palestinian State and further negotiation with an entity that desires the destruction of Israel and the Jewish people.
- protest against unlawful administrative detention, incarceration, libels, torture of hilltop youth.
- protest of demolition of homes like Amona as well as Jewish homes in East Jerusalem, Judea and Samaria
- re: Rabbanim This is the correction, Tikkun of our generation. This was the original cause of Am Yisroel not entering the Land of Israel and subsequently the destruction of the Holy Temples, Churban Bayis Rishon and Sheini. The people need to beseech the Rabbanim to end their Silence as the Lubavitcher Rebbe says that Silence is a sin.They must use their Leadership to mobilize the people. Ein Od Milvado. Only G-d is Whom we must place our trust. Please call your Rav. Please call Agudath Yisroel of America, OU and Young Israel, Chabad International, RCA, even Conference of Presidents etc. to not be Silent regarding Amona. Such a letter will strengthen the religious voice in Israel which is being silenced by Israel's Supreme Court. Please read the following link
- by Prof. Paul Eidelberg : Ho
- w the Jewish People are Betrayed:
- Behind the Policy of "Land for Peace"http://shemittahrediscovered.
blogspot.com/2016/08/how-jewis h-people-have-been-betrayed- by.html
הושיבה שופטינו כבראשונה Return Our Judges as of Old.Tehillim 29:11 השם עוז לעמו יתן השם יברך את עמו בשלום.The Lord shall grant strength to His people; the Lord shall bless His people with peace.--Sincerely,
Robin TickerIsrael Advocacy Calendar (www.IsraelAdvocacyCalendar. com).Activist emails sent to my list are L'Ilui Nishmat Yisrael ben David Aryeh ob"m (Izzy - Kaplan) and Howard Chaim Grief great activists and lovers of Eretz Yisroel, Am Yisroel and the Torah. Yehi Zichronum Baruch. May their memories serve as a blessing.
Most of these emails are posted on Shemittahrediscovered. blogspot.comPersonal emails to individuals will not be posted to my blog.