Donald Trump prides himself in being an expert in the "art of negotiation" and making a deal. There is much that we can learn from him.
This does not necessarily mean that their assessment of Trump is accurate.
Let us review what Donald Trump said:
"As president… there is nothing I would rather do than to bring peace to Israel and its neighbors generally," Trump responded. "I think it serves no purpose to say that you have a good guy and a bad guy. Now, I may not be successful in doing it, it's probably the toughest negotiation anywhere in the world of any kind. It doesn't help if I start saying I'm very pro-Israel."
Trump's two biggest Republican challengers, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz and Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, subsequently attacked Trump, with Rubio calling Trump's position "anti-Israel."
As far as I understand, Israel is also interested in a peace deal. I'm not saying I'll succeed, or even that an agreement between Israel and the Palestinians is within reach, but I want to try. But in order for an agreement to happen, the Palestinians need to show interest. It's a little difficult to reach an agreement when the other side doesn't really want to talk to you.
So let's for a moment trust Trump when he says that he is a great supporter of Israel (even more that his opponents....a very hard feat to match...) How can we interpret his above statement?
Therefore, it is up to each side to present their case and then there is give and take until a deal is reached.
Israel has done extremely poorly when it comes to negotiating their position. They are greatly impeded by the Obama Administration and International players who are anti Israel. They have been bribed and/or blackmailed so as not to present their case in the fullest and best possible light or in Israel's best interest.
The job of the neutral negotiator is to make sure that each side is heard. Otherwise, by definition they are not neutral. It is not the job of the neutral party negotiator to make sure that one side's position is stronger than the other's side nor is it their place to impede one of the sides from presenting their case in the best possible light.
Trump would be the first to acknowledge that Israel needs to start the negotiation from a position of strength rather than from a position of weakness! He probably would say the same for the Palestinians.
How Israel should Negotiate her position:
So what is there to negotiate?
Lots! Let's walk out of the box for a moment!
In the Bible, the boundaries of Israel were delineated in 2 separate place.
The first place was Breishit 15:13-18 http://www.chabad.org/calendar/view/day_cdo/aid/272527/jewish/Covenant-Between-the-Parts.htm
Israel can negotiate from the greater boundaries that were assigned to Abram to the more limited boundaries commanded to Moshe Rabbeinu. http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt0434.htm#1 in Parshat Masei.
Bamidbar 34: 1-12
Numbers Chapter 34 בְּמִדְבַּר
א וַיְדַבֵּר יְהוָה, אֶל-מֹשֶׁה לֵּאמֹר. 1 And the LORD spoke unto Moses, saying:
ב צַו אֶת-בְּנֵי יִשְׂרָאֵל, וְאָמַרְתָּ אֲלֵהֶם, כִּי-אַתֶּם בָּאִים, אֶל-הָאָרֶץ כְּנָעַן: זֹאת הָאָרֶץ, אֲשֶׁר תִּפֹּל לָכֶם בְּנַחֲלָה, אֶרֶץ כְּנַעַן, לִגְבֻלֹתֶיהָ. 2 'Command the children of Israel, and say unto them: When ye come into the land of Canaan, this shall be the land that shall fall unto you for an inheritance, even the land of Canaan according to the borders thereof.
ג וְהָיָה לָכֶם פְּאַת-נֶגֶב מִמִּדְבַּר-צִן, עַל-יְדֵי אֱדוֹם; וְהָיָה לָכֶם גְּבוּל נֶגֶב, מִקְצֵה יָם-הַמֶּלַח קֵדְמָה. 3 Thus your south side shall be from the wilderness of Zin close by the side of Edom, and your south border shall begin at the end of the Salt Sea eastward;
ד וְנָסַב לָכֶם הַגְּבוּל מִנֶּגֶב לְמַעֲלֵה עַקְרַבִּים, וְעָבַר צִנָה, והיה (וְהָיוּ) תּוֹצְאֹתָיו, מִנֶּגֶב לְקָדֵשׁ בַּרְנֵעַ; וְיָצָא חֲצַר-אַדָּר, וְעָבַר עַצְמֹנָה. 4 and your border shall turn about southward of the ascent of Akrabbim, and pass along to Zin; and the goings out thereof shall be southward of Kadesh-barnea; and it shall go forth to Hazar-addar, and pass along to Azmon;
ה וְנָסַב הַגְּבוּל מֵעַצְמוֹן, נַחְלָה מִצְרָיִם; וְהָיוּ תוֹצְאֹתָיו, הַיָּמָּה. 5 and the border shall turn about from Azmon unto the Brook of Egypt, and the goings out thereof shall be at the Sea.
ו וּגְבוּל יָם, וְהָיָה לָכֶם הַיָּם הַגָּדוֹל וּגְבוּל; זֶה-יִהְיֶה לָכֶם, גְּבוּל יָם. 6 And for the western border, ye shall have the Great Sea for a border; this shall be your west border.
ז וְזֶה-יִהְיֶה לָכֶם, גְּבוּל צָפוֹן: מִן-הַיָּם, הַגָּדֹל, תְּתָאוּ לָכֶם, הֹר הָהָר. 7 And this shall be your north border: from the Great Sea ye shall mark out your line unto mount Hor;
ח מֵהֹר הָהָר, תְּתָאוּ לְבֹא חֲמָת; וְהָיוּ תּוֹצְאֹת הַגְּבֻל, צְדָדָה. 8 from mount Hor ye shall mark out a line unto the entrance to Hamath; and the goings out of the border shall be at Zedad;
ט וְיָצָא הַגְּבֻל זִפְרֹנָה, וְהָיוּ תוֹצְאֹתָיו חֲצַר עֵינָן; זֶה-יִהְיֶה לָכֶם, גְּבוּל צָפוֹן. 9 and the border shall go forth to Ziphron, and the goings out thereof shall be at Hazar-enan; this shall be your north border.
י וְהִתְאַוִּיתֶם לָכֶם, לִגְבוּל קֵדְמָה, מֵחֲצַר עֵינָן, שְׁפָמָה. 10 And ye shall mark out your line for the east border from Hazar-enan to Shepham;
יא וְיָרַד הַגְּבֻל מִשְּׁפָם הָרִבְלָה, מִקֶּדֶם לָעָיִן; וְיָרַד הַגְּבֻל, וּמָחָה עַל-כֶּתֶף יָם-כִּנֶּרֶת קֵדְמָה. 11 and the border shall go down from Shepham to Riblah, on the east side of Ain; and the border shall go down, and shall strike upon the slope of the sea of Chinnereth eastward;
יב וְיָרַד הַגְּבוּל הַיַּרְדֵּנָה, וְהָיוּ תוֹצְאֹתָיו יָם הַמֶּלַח; זֹאת תִּהְיֶה לָכֶם הָאָרֶץ לִגְבֻלֹתֶיהָ, סָבִיב. 12 and the border shall go down to the Jordan, and the goings out thereof shall be at the Salt Sea; this shall be your land according to the borders thereof round about.'
- Israel is looking to expand it's borders consistent with the Covenant G-d gave to Abram.. until the Euphrates...
- Israel wants Jews to have freedom to practice their religion on Temple Mount. Freedom of Prayer and Freedom of Assembly.
- Israel will close off water and electricity from Gaza if attacked from Gaza.
- Israel will Annex Judea Samaria and Israeli citizens will no longer be subjected to Martial Law under the Civilian Administration.
- israel will build freely in Judea Samaria and give the Settlers the permits they need to grow and expand legally. They will not allow illegal Arab Building.
- BDS NGO's will be prosecuted
- Checkpoints in Judea and Samaria targeting non Jewish residents will be standard practice so long as there is any hostile activity on behalf of the Palestinians such as rock throwing, molotov cocktails, shooting and the like....
- Israel will do whatever it must to protect it's citizens from all Terror activity such as knives, car rammings etc.
- Terrorists who murder will receive the death penalty
- Bodies of Terrorists will not be returned to the families but will be buried with pig skin.
- Israel will encourage all it's citizens to be armed to defend themselves against any hostile or acts of terror and will not prosecute nor persecuteJews who act in self defense.
- Israel will charge Palestinians for their electricity and water usage
- Israel will tax all non Jewish Residents!
- Israel will review all educational material of Palestinian territories to make sure they are not hate filled material against Israel and fire all "educators" of jihad.
- Israel will forbid all textbooks filled with hate ideology against Israel.
- Israel will Abolish Unrwa camps and crack down on all programming if they teach martyrdom against Israeli citizens.
- Israel will throw out any MK's who are not loyal to Israel and who praise acts of terror against Israel
- israel will demolish homes of terrorists
- If the family of terrorists glorifies acts of terror against Israel, Israel will expel them from Israel.
- Israel will stop illegal Arab building and expel squatters.
- Israel will abolish Adminsitrative Detention for Jews and Administrative Detention for non Jews will be under careful scrutiny to make sure it is not abused.
Playing the music!
Most of these emails are posted on Shemittahrediscovered.blogspot.com