From: "Lynne Bursky Tammam" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Sep 18, 2015 6:26 PM
Subject: Rally this Sun., 9/20, 12 pm, U.S. Mission to U.N.
To: "Lynne Bursky Tammam" <email@example.com>
ON SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 20 AT 12 NOON, THERE WILL BE A RALLY IN OPPOSITION TO THE DISASTROUS AGREEMENT WITH IRAN AT THE UNITED STATES MISSION TO THE UNITED NATIONS, EAST 45TH STREET BETWEEN FIRST AND SECOND AVENUES IN MANHATTAN. Organized by Rabbi Avi Weiss, Spiritual Leader of the Hebrew Institute of Riverdale and founder of Yeshivat Chovevei Torah and Rabbi Bruce Ginsburg, Spiritual Leader of Congregation Sons of Israel in Woodmere and past president of the Long Island Board of Rabbis and the Union for Traditional Judaism, the rally will be led by rabbis from the tri-state area representing Orthodox, Conservative, and Reform congregations. Among them will be:
- Rabbi Rick Block, immediate past international President of the Central Conference of American Rabbis and spiritual leader of Temple Tifereth Israel in Beachwood, Ohio
- Rabbi Perry Raphael Rank, past international President of the Rabbinical Assembly and spiritual leader of the Midway Jewish Center in Syosset, N.Y.
- Rabbi Charles Klein, past president of the New York Board of Rabbis and spiritual leader of the Merrick Jewish Center in Merrick, N.Y.
- Rabbi Elliot Skiddell, current president of the Long Island Board of Rabbis and spiritual leader of the Reconstructionist Congregation Beth Emeth in Rockville Centre, N.Y.
- Rabbi Art Vernon, current president of the Queens/Nassau/Suffolk Region of the Rabbinical Assembly and spiritual leader of the West Hempstead J.C.C. in West Hempstead, N.Y.
- Rabbi Allen Schwartz, spiritual leader of Congregation Oheb Zedek (OZ) in Manhattan
College students are being encouraged to participate in this rally and connect with Cindy Grosz of the Stop Iran Now College Activism effort (firstname.lastname@example.org) in anticipation of a rise of anti-Semitism and anti-Israel activism on campuses in the wake of the negotiations with Iran.
May all our prayers be answered,
Lynne Bursky-Tammam and Nessim Tammam