Watch the trailer. http://www.independentsentinel.com/death-of-klinghoffer-exploits-a-murder-to-draw-sympathy-to-the-killers/ Scenes of Palestinians lovingly embracing their children as they are being chased from their homes in 1948. It does acknowledge that children are trained as martyrs. Fact: They use children, their own children as well, as human shields. They put their children in the War Zone. There were 160 deaths of Palestinian children, because they were put to work building the terror tunnels in Gaza. No surprise! http://www.nationalreview.com/article/384004/child-labor-deaths-hamas-tunnels-are-no-surprise-spencer-case. Yet the audience only sees loving families being thrown out mercilessly from their homes. Fact: 1948 was a just War that Israel won. These "freedom fighters" are portrayed in a very human light after they commit this horrific act of shooting Klinghoffer and throwing him overboard alive because we can sympathize with his wife in her grief. There is no outrage by the Captain for this terror attack. He sympathizes with her as he does with the hijackers. Isn't this proof that indeed they are humane?
http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/financing-of-klinghoffer-opera-anonymous-financing-of-protest-isnt/2014/10/06/, who funded the September 22nd protest, for notifying us about the quarter page ad in today's New York Times with the heading "decide for yourself". "Obviously" Weiss writes, "they are trying to fool the public into believing that there are two sides to the opera, whereas the truth is purely one sided; anti-Semitism by glorifying the terrorists and demonizing the Jews."
"It was not I
But my mother
Who could not remember
What happened to her.
She only said
“There was a raid.
My uncle carried
Me in his coat.
He never thought
We would be
More than a day.”
She said God would
All we had called
Ours. She was killed
With the old men
And children in
Camps at Sabra
Where Almighty God
In His mercy showed
Brother to me
And in His mercy
Allowed me to close
My brother’s eyes And wipe his face"
By inference the audience assumes that his family, women and children were brutally murdered in Sabra and Chatila and his brother was decapitated by Israel! Yes Israel has been blamed for Sabra and Chatila. Not for committing gruesome murder but rather for not intervening to stop the massacre.
The next scene is a hijacked version of the Bible. The story of Hagar and Yishmael.
CHORUS: HAGAR AND THE ANGEL
When Hagar was led into the wilderness
With some bread and a bottle of water and her
The Lord consoled Abraham, saying
“Of this child too I will make a nation”.
It may be for this reason that our father turned
And set his face toward his tents. It was early
in the day.
Every few miles she stopped to rinse her mouth
Who walks across a room in a shuttered house
Naked and unwatched. She was newly manu-
For a long time after the bottle was empty
Hagar had milk for her son, and he nodded
On her shoulder. For a long time
After the boy looked at her and began crying
She carried him. When he was so weak
That she had to bend her head to hear him
She said “My son will die as a free man
On his own land”, and put him down, and turned
Then the angel struck open the abandoned well."
Let us compare this false version of the Biblical story with the real version.
Breishis Genesis 17:18
18. And Abraham said to God, "If only Ishmael will live before You!" יח. וַיֹּאמֶר אַבְרָהָם אֶל הָאֱלֹהִים לוּ יִשְׁמָעֵאל יִחְיֶה לְפָנֶיךָ:
19. And God said, "Indeed, your wife Sarah will bear you a son, and you shall name him Isaac, and I will establish My covenant with him as an everlasting covenant for his seed after him. יט. וַיֹּאמֶר אֱלֹהִים אֲבָל שָׂרָה אִשְׁתְּךָ יֹלֶדֶת לְךָ בֵּן וְקָרָאתָ אֶת שְׁמוֹ יִצְחָק וַהֲקִמֹתִי אֶת בְּרִיתִי אִתּוֹ לִבְרִית עוֹלָם לְזַרְעוֹ אַחֲרָיו:
20. And regarding Ishmael, I have heard you; behold I have blessed him, and I will make him fruitful, and I will multiply him exceedingly; he will beget twelve princes, and I will make him into a great nation. כ. וּלְיִשְׁמָעֵאל שְׁמַעְתִּיךָ הִנֵּה | בֵּרַכְתִּי אֹתוֹ וְהִפְרֵיתִי אֹתוֹ וְהִרְבֵּיתִי אֹתוֹ בִּמְאֹד מְאֹד שְׁנֵים עָשָׂר נְשִׂיאִם יוֹלִיד וּנְתַתִּיו לְגוֹי גָּדוֹל:
21. But My covenant I will establish with Isaac, whom Sarah will bear to you at this time next year." כא. וְאֶת בְּרִיתִי אָקִים אֶת יִצְחָק אֲשֶׁר תֵּלֵד לְךָ שָׂרָה לַמּוֹעֵד הַזֶּה בַּשָּׁנָה הָאַחֶרֶת:
Breishit Chapter 21:
9. And Sarah saw the son of Hagar the Egyptian, whom she had borne to Abraham, making merry. ט. וַתֵּרֶא שָׂרָה אֶת בֶּן הָגָר הַמִּצְרִית אֲשֶׁר יָלְדָה לְאַבְרָהָם מְצַחֵק:
10. And Sarah said to Abraham, "Drive out this handmaid and her son, for the son of this handmaid shall not inherit with my son, with Isaac." י. וַתֹּאמֶר לְאַבְרָהָם גָּרֵשׁ הָאָמָה הַזֹּאת וְאֶת בְּנָהּ כִּי לֹא יִירַשׁ בֶּן הָאָמָה הַזֹּאת עִם בְּנִי עִם יִצְחָק:
11. But the matter greatly displeased Abraham, concerning his son. יא. וַיֵּרַע הַדָּבָר מְאֹד בְּעֵינֵי אַבְרָהָם עַל אוֹדֹת בְּנוֹ:
12. And God said to Abraham, "Be not displeased concerning the lad and concerning your handmaid; whatever Sarah tells you, hearken to her voice, for in Isaac will be called your seed. יב. וַיֹּאמֶר אֱלֹהִים אֶל אַבְרָהָם אַל יֵרַע בְּעֵינֶיךָ עַל הַנַּעַר וְעַל אֲמָתֶךָ כֹּל אֲשֶׁר תֹּאמַר אֵלֶיךָ שָׂרָה שְׁמַע בְּקֹלָהּ כִּי בְיִצְחָק יִקָּרֵא לְךָ זָרַע:
13. But also the son of the handmaid I will make into a nation, because he is your seed." יג. וְגַם אֶת בֶּן הָאָמָה לְגוֹי אֲשִׂימֶנּוּ כִּי זַרְעֲךָ הוּא:
14. And Abraham arose early in the morning, and he took bread and a leather pouch of water, and he gave [them] to Hagar, he placed [them] on her shoulder, and the child, and he sent her away; and she went and wandered in the desert of Beer sheba. יד. וַיַּשְׁכֵּם אַבְרָהָם | בַּבֹּקֶר וַיִּקַּח לֶחֶם וְחֵמַת מַיִם וַיִּתֵּן אֶל הָגָר שָׂם עַל שִׁכְמָהּ וְאֶת הַיֶּלֶד וַיְשַׁלְּחֶהָ וַתֵּלֶךְ וַתֵּתַע בְּמִדְבַּר בְּאֵר שָׁבַע:
15. And the water was depleted from the leather pouch, and she cast the child under one of the bushes. טו. וַיִּכְלוּ הַמַּיִם מִן הַחֵמֶת וַתַּשְׁלֵךְ אֶת הַיֶּלֶד תַּחַת אַחַד הַשִּׂיחִם:
16. And she went and sat down from afar, at about the distance of two bowshots, for she said, "Let me not see the child's death." And she sat from afar, and she raised her voice and wept. טז. וַתֵּלֶךְ וַתֵּשֶׁב לָהּ מִנֶּגֶד הַרְחֵק כִּמְטַחֲוֵי קֶשֶׁת כִּי אָמְרָה אַל אֶרְאֶה בְּמוֹת הַיָּלֶד וַתֵּשֶׁב מִנֶּגֶד וַתִּשָּׂא אֶת קֹלָהּ וַתֵּבְךְּ:
17. And God heard the lad's voice, and an angel of God called to Hagar from heaven, and said to her, "What is troubling you, Hagar? Fear not, for God has heard the lad's voice in the place where he is. יז. וַיִּשְׁמַע אֱלֹהִים אֶת קוֹל הַנַּעַר וַיִּקְרָא מַלְאַךְ אֱלֹהִים | אֶל הָגָר מִן הַשָּׁמַיִם וַיֹּאמֶר לָהּ מַה לָּךְ הָגָר אַל תִּירְאִי כִּי שָׁמַע אֱלֹהִים אֶל קוֹל הַנַּעַר בַּאֲשֶׁר הוּא שָׁם:
18. Rise, pick up the lad and grasp your hand upon him, for I shall make him into a great nation." יח. קוּמִי שְׂאִי אֶת הַנַּעַר וְהַחֲזִיקִי אֶת יָדֵךְ בּוֹ כִּי לְגוֹי גָּדוֹל אֲשִׂימֶנּוּ:
According to the Bible only Abraham's son Isaac inherits the birthright of Israel. Not Yishmael (or Esav for that matter)..
They have hijacked our Bible. They have hijacked our G-d. They have hijacked our language.
So this causes us to refrain from talking about true "human rights", "God" and "peace" in fear that our words will be misunderstood and misconstrued.
This is the reality. Israel doesn't usually kill terrorists but gives them life sentences or multiple life sentences. They hijacked the Achille Lauro to get hostages to exchange terrorist Samir Kuntar sitting in Israeli Jail. Kuntar received 5 life sentences for murdering 5 people. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samir_Kuntar During his imprisonment, Kuntar married Kifah Kayyal (born in 1963), an Israeli Arab woman who is an activist on behalf of militant prisoners. They later divorced. While they were married, she received a monthly stipend from the Israeli government, an entitlement due to her status as a wife of a prisoner. Kayyal is an Israeli citizen of Palestinian origin from Acre, now residing in Ramallah, who was then serving a life sentence for her activities in the Palestine Liberation Front. They had no children. In addition, while in prison Kuntar participated in a program under which Palestinian security prisoners took online courses from the Open University of Israel, and graduated with a Bachelor's degree in Social and Political Science. Many soldiers, civilians were kidnapped, dead and alive and then used as pawns in negotiations to release Kuntar. Wars were fought on his behalf where more than a thousand people were killed, finally he is released in a prisoner exchange only to receive a hero's welcome and to announce that he wants to kill more Jews. This is not only Kuntar.
- Forces Israel's hand into territorial concessions,
- Release of terrorists,
- Expulsions, harassment of Jews from their homes (model communities, leading peaceful lives, productive in every sense).
This is a vicious cycle which then leads to
- more terror attacks/ kidnappings
- This then leads to more peace agreements before the enemy is defeated, weapons not destroyed and Jewish/ Israeli prisoners are used in pawns in Peace Negotiations which leads to more release of terrorists, acts of terror which triggers war etc.
1978 Camp David accords led to: (list of examples are not at all comprehensive)
- 1979 Nahariya terror attack, Samir Kuntar taken prisoner. Terror attack in reaction to peace accords at Camp David by Abu Abbas FATAH.
- 3 years removal of settlements from Sinai Peninusula including Yamit.
- 1982 Lebanon War
- 1985 Achille Lauro Hijacking staged to get hostages to free Samir Kuntar,
- 1991 Madrid Conference
- 1992 Hamas attacks
- 1993 Oslo Accords (based on Camp David)
- 1995 Oslo Accords II Taba
- 2000 Hezbollah cross border raid kidnapping 3 soldiers,
- 2003, 400 prisoners released in exchange of Elchanan Tannnenbaum and 3 Kidnapped dead soldiers,
- 2005 July Gush Katif expulsion
- 2006, June 25 Shalit was captured by Hamas militants in a cross-border raid via underground tunnels near the Israeli border. Hamas held him captive for over five years,
- 2006 July 12 Hezbollah kidnapping 2 soldiers
- 2006 followed by Israel-Hezbollah War in Lebanon
- 2007 Annapolis Peace Conference
- Judea and Samari settlement marginalized
- Talks of Dividing Jerusalem
- 2011 Gilad Shalit released as part of Prisoner exchange
- July 2013 Violent expulsion at Amona
- April 2014 Talk of Unity Gov't with Hamas and Fatah
- 2014 June 12 3 boys kidnapped Gilad Ayal Naftali massiveTunnel network discovered, thwarts Rosh Hashana attack
- 2014 July 8, Operation Protective Edge