Sunday, March 12, 2006

Virtual Mishloach Manot - Makeup Consultant

bs"d

To My Dear Friends, Family and Neighbors, amv"sh

This Mishloach Manot to you is focused on Gush Katif VeHashomron, Gam Ani Mitchaber, also I am joined with you, people of Gush Katif and the Shomron. The Mishloach Manot is in an orange manilla envelope with these words in black.

Inside is a Blood Orange, a Carrot and a Hamantash and literature on orange paper. Is this literature too wordy, too long for you? I suppose it is. I bet you have no patience to read it. And my own dishes are piled up in my sink after Shabbos and it's after 5:00am, my eyes are drooping and I would still like to get some sleep. I'm so sorry for burdening you. I wish I didn't have to. But I do.

The bloody orange symbolizes the bloody pogrom at Amona on February 1, 2006. This description is not an exaggeration. See for yourself at the following video clips online.
MOVIES AND ARTICLES EXPOSING THE Amona "POGROM'

and this one

and this one

There are many more live video clips. I will be more than happy to forward the links to you.

Also read a first hand teachers report from Batya in Shiloh on February 7, 2006 "More on Police Violence in Amona. My students told me".

The Carrot is a siman for Sheyigzaru Gezar Dineinu, May the evil decree against the suffering families from Gush Katif and the Shomron be torn up. Acheinu Beyisrael Anachnu Imachem..

The literature includes: A letter to Hakhel USA, a very special organization here in Flatbush, begging them to get involved with current events in Eretz Yisroel.

Also please find an eye witness report by Katrin Levy of the Jewish familes from Gush Katif entitled "Whatever happened to the Jews of Gush Katif?" March 2, 2006. Also worthwhile is to read a March 8th article on Arutz Sheva, "Comptroller´s Report Scathes Disengagement Executors".

Finally there is a beautiful uplifting Torah Message of the month of Adar by Roy Neuberger, author of World Storm and From Central Park to Sinai: How I Found My Jewish Soul. (No web link that I know of)

So what is my own personal response to these very depressing happenings in Eretz Yisroel and around the world?

I have decided to become a makeup consultant. No, I am not joking.

Yes it's true. Yes I barely own any makeup aside from blush (no pun intended) and asked my talented neighbor to do my daughters makeup for her school play. I'm pretty (no pun intended) ignorant about makeup.

But the times have called for extreme measures. Doesn't it say Bizchut Nashim Tzidkaniyot Nigalu Bnei Yisroel MiMitzraim? In the merit of righteous women, the Bnei Yisroel were redeemed from Egypt? So this has become my new calling.

So Ladies, the time has come for us to take out our mirrors...

Wishing you all a very Freilichin Purim...(My husband and children may be totally embarrassed or actually welcome, my new calling I hope that they too will derive benefit - Acne you're out! Being beautiful, that's in) And if I survive this come-on letter, you can call on me regarding your cosmetic needs. I have a wonderful mentor friend by the name of Hannah... After Pesach please!

Esther's Royal Beauty Treatment (taken from 1. "Looking Good This Purim" by Malkah Fleisher on Kumah.org)

Crush a grape or two on your face, and lie down for 15 minutes (on your
back). Follow up with your moisturizer. With daily treatment, in two weeks
you will likely see smoother skin and the disappearance of fine lines – you
might as well be wearing a crown.

Sincerely,
Robin Ticker (and if they don't disengage from me) the Ticker Family

--------------------------

Correspondance between myself and Hakhelusa@yahoo.com regarding Amona.


-----------------
Forwarded Message:
Subj: Fwd: Arutz-7: Must-Watch Exclusive Israel Video Footage

Date: 3/1/06 12:30:08 A.M. Central Standard Time
From: FaigeRayzel
To: postmaster@hakhel.info


bs"d

I love your newsletters.

But when the house is burning the time is not to continue business as usual. One is obligated to put out the fire.

The Rabbanim have been silent about the Covenant. The Land of Israel is the inheritance of Am Yisroel.

The Rabbanim have been silent to what happened at Amona. If they do not have access to this film then please show it to them.

Perhaps a delegation can go to Rav Eliashiv, Rav Shteinman and Rav Kanievsky asking them to finally make a statement that Eretz Yisroel is the inheritance of Am Yisroel. The youth at Amona are fighting this battle for Torah alone. The silence from the Rabbanim forced them to fight this battle alone. They took on a battle that should be taken on by the Rabbanim and men ages 20-60.

The silence to the atrocities perpetrated against the youth is betrayal once again.

Veheishiv Lev Avos al Banim velev Banim Al Avosom.


They replied in the following manner.
In a message dated 3/1/06 3:27:37 P.M. Central Standard Time,
hakhelusa@yahoo.com writes:

but this matter is not something that our organization is involved with.

I responded back to them:

Dear Hakhelusa,

Thank you so much for responding to my email regarding expulsions of Gush Katif and Amona.

I really wish I did not have to write you letters. Your newsletters are beautiful Torah. I wish I could ignore what's happening also. I wish I didn't have to write to Rabbanim begging and pleading with them. I wish I could simply cook and clean and organize my house and do homework with the kids and prepare for Shabbos and close my eyes to what is happening.

There is no hiding from it. If we are involved with Torah it is something we are involved with. In Parshath Nitzavim Hashem says Devarim 29 Pasuk 13 "Not with you alone do I seal this covenant and this curse, but with whoever is here standing with us today before Hashem, our G-d , and with whoever is not here with us today. " (that means us). By being silent, isn't the message broadcast loud and clear is that the Covenant between Hashem and Am Yisroel is not relevant today?


I have been receiving beautiful heart rendering inserts from Vaad Harabanim Le'inyanei Tzedaka B'Eretz Hakodesh, not to mention Kupat Hair and Vaad Haartzi LeHatzalas Mishpachos Bimetzuka. Posters have been plastered over Boro Park and Flatbush in Brooklyn My heart truly cries out for the widows and orphans and sick people with large Torah families and heart rending tragic stories. Yet I can't help but think that if only these same Chashuv Rabbanim (at least 42 were listed on one insert) would have put out a one page flyer (this was a glossy 22 page insert) in all the papers saying that Eretz Yisroel is the rightful inheritance of Am Yisroel and is a stira to the Roadmap, that would have stopped the expulsion from Gush Katif. Agudas Yisroel of America was silent. I do not know if they even sent a delegation to Eretz Yisroel asking the Rabbanim there to please make a statement that Eretz Yisroel is the inheritance of Am Yisroel. Hashem says Ki Li Kol Haaretz and Hashem chooses the Nation of Israel to keep the Mitzvoth specific to the Land.

At an OU dinner honoring Hillary Clinton, my friend, who also became an expellee of Gush Katif, approached her and talked about her association with Arafat. The gist of what Hillary answered her was. I know he's a terrorist. But if Israel and the Jewish Community are not speaking out, why should I be holier than thou.

These families from Gush Katif are now Aniyei Eretz Yisroel. And they became this way because we didn't speak up. How do I know? Well, Rabbanim please prove me wrong and speak up. We'll see what will happen with the next scheduled expulsions. Read Page 3 of the Jewish Press - Kadima Pullout Plans Confirmed. Avi Dichter confirms Kadima party is planning out a further disengagement in Judea and Samaria if it wins the March 28th election. The names of the settlements are listed in the Jewish Press. Yisroel Meidad, a former mayor of Shiloh, says we're talking about sixty-seventy thousand people. That's a lot of Aniyim.

I pray to Hashem that none of the youth at Amona were made infertile by the beatings they received to their reproductive organs. Yes, the reproductive organs were targeted, not only their heads. It's sickening but it did happen but was not reported. Do you need first hand reports? Just let me know. Why did the youth have to go on the front line for Eretz Yisroel. Are they between ages 20-60 male soldiers?

These Aniyim from Gush Katif are not even mentioned in glossy inserts of the above mentioned organizations, because if we did, it would point a finger back at us. Why did we let it happen? And it's still happening.

The name of your organization is Hakhel. Where is that name from? It comes from Hakhel following the Shemitta year when all men, women and children were gathered to hear words of Torah read by the King or Nasi. What was read? Portions regarding truma, maaser, vidui maaser, shemittah etc. These are all Mitzvoth directly related to Eretz Yisroel.

We physically are living in USA but since we are Bnei Yisroel, we are also bound by the Covenant just like our brethren in Israel. The security of the Land and the blessing of the world at large is dependant on Am Yisroel to keeping the Mitzvoth. The Mitzvoth are spelled out. Rambam among others count the Mitzvoth. Appreciating and thanking Hashem for the goodness He has bestowed upon us is a beautiful concept. They are wonderful suggestions. However, when we are confronted with enemies surrounding us and within us in Eretz Yisroel, Hizbollah, Hamas, Al Qaeida now in Gaza, (Not to mention the threat of missionaries (the work of Yad Laachim) it makes sense to focus on the Mitzvoth that would bring security in the Land, specifically, the Mitzvoth read by the Nasi at Hakhel.

No comments: