Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Letter from Eliezer re: Israel Police in Hysteria over the Pope's Visit

bs"d

Hi Robin,
Sorry if I've been harassing you with updates for your newsletter but there have been a lot of developments in Israel recently and I think there is stuff that is of interest to your readers. Israeli police have been in hysteria over the pope's upcoming visit. 
1. Six teenagers, 4 of them minors, were arrested by the Israeli GSS and prevented from meeting with lawyers. One has already been released as he gave an alibi and there was no evidence against him. Moshe Feiglin also came out against these arrests. We hope the others will be released soon.
2. The police have handed out several administrative orders subjecting Jews to house arrest or other restrictions during the Pope's visit. 
3. I myself was confronted by Israeli Shabak (General Security Services) and told that I am "a second before commiting a crime." Their main point was that I am hanging out with "dangerous people" mainly children who live on hilltops and yeshiva students who learn in Yitzhar. I made a video through the Hakol Hayehudi news site in English about the incident.
-Eliezer
-- 

--
Sincerely,

Robin Ticker
Activist emails sent to my list  are L'Ilui Nishmat Yisrael ben David Aryeh ob"m (Izzy - Kaplan) and Howard Chaim Grief great activists and lovers of Eretz Yisroel, Am Yisroel and the Torah. Yehi Zichronum Baruch.  May their memories serve as a blessing.

Most of these emails are posted on Shemittahrediscovered.blogspot.com 

Personal emails to individuals will not be posted to my blog. 

No comments: