Monday, September 07, 2026

In Tribute to Harel Birrenstock ob"m. Moving to Tears: Killed in Lebanon One Month Ago. His Daughter Ori sings to him out of Deep Longing for the Father he was.

Bsd

Please open link to hear his daughter sing

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/1FAhanQfYi/

Moving to Tears: Major Harel's Daughters Birnstock. 
A moving song in his memory. 
Birrenstock, 34, was killed in Lebanon exactly a month ago in the battle to protect the residents of the north and the entire people of Israel. He was a respected company commander, after serving in Miluim multiple times in all settings. A charismatic leader who understood the magnitude of the hour in the war for the homeland. Harel lived a full and wonderful life with complete professionalism as a commander, an engineer for Elbit and as an exemplary family man. Husband to Elia with four amazing young children. 

His Daughter Ori sings to him out of deep longing for the father he was.

The family launched a campaign in order to provide them with a stable and supportive foundation to continue the path for Elia and the children.
------
At the Funeral: Harel's Wife and Children Mourned and Paid Tribute: "They will grow up in a happy home, with Dancing and Singing" 
"Remember Harel with his smile," requested the wife of Major (res.) Harel Birrenstock at his funeral on Mount Herzl, and his mother eulogized: "We will rise and become stronger just as Harel would have wanted, but I want to cry a little more." His father said: "I promise you, Harel - that no one can defeat the Birrenstock family." 
Translation 
Harel's wife paid tribute with their children by her side: "They will grow up in a happy home, with dancing and singing"

"Remember Harel with his smile," asked the wife of Maj. (res.) Harel Birrenstock at his funeral on Mount Herzl, and his mother paid tribute: "We will rise and be strong just as Harel would have wanted, but I want to cry a little more." His father said: "I promise you, Harel - that no one can beat the Birrenstock family."

"My Hareli. When they came to call you on Simchat Torah, right after you took your underwear and socks, you hugged me and told me to be strong - and ever since I've been trying to live up to that. To be strong for the children, to be the commander's wife. But now I can't be strong. I need you to send me strength." This is what Elia, the wife of Major (res.) Harel Birrenstock, said at noon (Thursday), above his grave on Mount Herzl - with their children by her side.

After a month and a half without fatalities in Lebanon, yesterday two more families received the hardest news of all. Major Birrenstock and combat medic Maj. (res.) Tamir Vaknin were killed by an explosive device in the village of Majdal Zun in IDF-controlled territory in southern Lebanon. Birrenstock, 34, from Menokhd, left behind a wife, four children, parents, brothers and sisters. Vaknin, 33, from Eilat, left behind parents and his two brothers. Four other reserve soldiers were wounded along with them, all from Battalion 2855 of the 55th Paratroopers Brigade.

"I promise you that the children will grow up in a happy home with dances and songs by Eden Ben Zaken and Rafi Biton in the background," she said to her at the funeral. "I promise you, Harel, I will be strong for them. And I want to ask all of you - remember the smile of this Star, that after a minute everyone loves him and becomes his friend within five minutes." 

According to her, "In our country we would say about Harel that he enjoyed being full of himself ;). Therefore, I want to remember him as a man who loved life and as a man of joy... because it is impossible to look at him and not smile."

Yonath, Harel's mother, paid tribute to him: "You turned me into a mother and a grandmother, and Elia stood by your side the whole way. How can you understand that a person with such energy lies silent? How do you say goodbye to a child? I will never see you again and never hug you tightly. Lord of the universe - maybe enough?! How difficult it is in the good land. Look how much your children love you. We will rise and become stronger just like Harel would have wanted, but I want to cry a little longer."

Shlomo, Harel's father, eulogized him: "I love you so much, I'm so proud of the path you took. I can even say that I envied you. You managed to stretch all the boundaries a little more and a little more. In so many areas. You made us a very happy father and mother. 

"Birrenstock is a top brand. This brand works on you like crazy. When I was young, I felt uncomfortable with this complicated name that people get wrong. You didn't care. You always knew how to get along and get out of difficult situations. I promise you, Harel, that no one can beat the Birrenstock family and that there will always be joy and happiness in our home - Am Yisrael Chai."

The bereaved brother, Matan, said: "You led a company of fighters. You were a man of people and missions. Every mission was carried out with five fingers, without shortcuts. Thank you Harel for 27 years of being my big brother, for what you were to me, for teaching me what friendship is."

"I will not forget our time. This is a tragedy that should not have happened, certainly not to a family like ours. Beloved mother and father, be proud of your Harel. To Elia, how much he loved you. We are here with you, you are our heart."

Sister Atar said at the ceremony: "You were the big and impressive brother that everyone looked up to with admiration. You were the heroic brother. You broke boundaries - you ran four marathons. When you were worried about the company's morale, you drove us crazy. You turned worlds upside down, brought flags and logos to show the fighters that you really cared. I was blessed to have you as my eldest brother. I don't want to stop talking, because it means that all of this really happened, but apparently this is really the end."


מרגש עד דמעות: בנותיו של רס"ן הראל
 בירנשטוק השיר מרגש לזכרו.
 בירנשטוק בן 34, נהרג בלבנון לפני חודש בדיוק בקרב על הגנת תושבי הצפון ועם ישראל כולו. הוא היה מ"פ נערץ, אחרי סביבי מילואים רבים בכל המסגרות. מנהיג כריזמטי שהבין את גודל השעה במלחמה על הבית. הראל חי חיים מלאים המקסימים מקצועיות ביסודיות כמפקד, המהנדס האלביט וכאיש משפחה למופת. בעל אליה לארבע ילדים מדהימים וצעירים. 

ביתו אורי שרה לו מתוך געגוע עמוק לאבא שהיה.

המשפחה יצא הקמפיין על מנת להעניק בסיס אותן יציב תומך להמשך הדרך אליה והילדים.


אשתו של הראל ספדה כשילדיהם לצידה: "הם יגדלו בבית שמח, עם ריקודים ושירים"
"תזכרו את הראל עם החיוך שלו", ביקשה רעייתו של רס"ן (במיל') הראל בירנשטוק בהלווייתו בהר הרצל, ואימו ספדה: "אנחנו נקום ונתחזק בדיוק כמו שהראל היה רוצה, אבל אני רוצה עוד קצת לבכות"." אביו אמר: "מבטיח לך הראלי - שאף אחד לא יכול על משפחת בירנשטוק"








No comments:

Post a Comment