- The light rail of Jerusalem makes the New York Subway and bus transportation system pale in comparison.
- How many trains in 22 Arab countries and modern western countries for that matter have automated station announcements and digital route displays in 3 Languages as does the light rail. (Hebrew, Arabic and English).
- The mall in Beit Shemesh is dazzling compared to the mall in Brooklyn. I didn't get to the malls in Jerusalem yet.
- The food is plentiful and delicious and the supermarkets are filled with every kind of produce imaginable. The restaurants here are unbelievable. It's nonstop eating and thanking Hashem for the wonderful Land and the delicious food!
- Jerusalem - the old and the new at its very best (today I saw the excavations of Ir David where we walked way down into the the valley to the Gihon Spring.) Ancient Hebrew script writings were unearthed, carved in Bullae, (clay seal impressions), that bear the names of peoples who lived in the 1st Temple period and are mentioned in the Bible.
LAST UPDATED: 01/28/2014 18:33
Not only did Bennett not back down from criticisms he sounded Monday against
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu's suggestion that the settlements may
remain under Palestinian sovereignty in a future agreement, but he ratcheted
up his criticism.
"It will not happen, and cannot happen," Bennett said of the idea. "You know
why Jews can't live under Palestinian sovereignty? Why? Because they will
kill them. How do I know, because it happened."
Bennett said it happened in 1929 in Hebron, when the ancient Jewish
community there was butchered by their Arab neighbors, and it happened again
in 2000 when two reservists made a wrong turn and were lynched after being
taken to the Palestinian Authority police station in Ramallah.
Everyone knows, he said, that if an Arab wanders into to Herzliya he will
leave safely, but that if a Jew gets lost and ends up in Jenin he will be
"We all came here to the land of Israel in the name of Zionism," he
declared. "The essence of Zionism is sovereignty. If there is no sovereignty
there is no Zionism."
"We tried it in Europe, and it did not really work," he said, just an hour
after getting back from what he said was his first trip to Poland and
Auschwitz as part of a Knesset delegation.
Activist emails sent to my list are L'Ilui Nishmat Yisrael ben David Aryeh ob"m (Izzy - Kaplan) and Howard Chaim Grief great activists and lovers of Eretz Yisroel, Am Yisroel and the Torah. Yehi Zichronum Baruch. May their memories serve as a blessing.
Most of these emails are posted on Shemittahrediscovered.blogspot.com