Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Fwd: I PRETENDED I DID NOT SEE by Evelyn Hayes, Author of the Plague Series because their hearts were softened to accept the unacceptable.

bs"d

Dear Friends, Family, Activists for Israel, Activists for Kids, Activists for any righteous cause amv"sh

I hope this poem will inspire you to take action before tragedy strikes and hits closer to home. 

We don't need to go very far back in time, (our parents generation) to see the horrific tragedy and consequences of  pretending one didn't know or see the dark skies threatening the world and our people. Read the news. Ukraine, Iran, Benghazi, Turkey,  Fort Hood, Obamacare, 2 State Solution (they want a Final Solution...)

This also holds true as per how we respond to warning signs affecting family members or members of our immediate community, not only global terror.  When we ignore the wakeup call and we go on with our lives and pretend everything will miraculously fix itself and fail to act, this leads to great tragedy both to individuals and also for society.  

As an example let me quote Shlome Katz a father whose 3 year old son, was accidentally dragged by a school bus when the little boy's jacket got snagged in the automatic door.  (Mishpacha Story entitled "Steering a Safer Course" by Riva Pomerantz Issue 496, 5 Adar, 5774) . The byline reads  "Over and Over again.  Shlomi found himself visiting Shivah Houses of Accident Victims offering words of comfort even as their own wounds lay painfully open".  She writes "He and his wife gathered shards of their heartbreak and created a way to make Israel's notoriously dangerous roads safer for others".   Shlomi was quoted as saying "With education, you can change things around before tragedy strikes.  You don't have to wait for something terrible and then get a nice budget to effect change".  

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Evelyn Hayes <rachelschildren@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 12:23 AM
Subject: I PRETENDED I DID NOT SEE by Evelyn Hayes, 
To:


I PRETENDED I DID NOT SEE

By Evelyn Hayes,

Author of the Plague Series because their hearts were softened to accept the unacceptable.

© February 24, 2014


I pretended I did not see.

I pretended I did not hear.

I pretended I did not know.

 I pretended I wasn't there.

I pretended I was not we.


And I saw the bullying, the slandering, the intimidating, the vicious thuggery-

So smug and cruel

Against the rules.


I pretended it wasn't so bad.

I pretended there was some glad.

I pretended they were right.

I pretended majority means truth -so what if they are uncouth!


And I saw the ruthlessness, the abusiveness, the comradery against their ridiculed.

Shame, I wasn't a fool:

There was a duel against righteousness.


I pretended as their brazenness got more evil, inconceivable, more provocative, more distasteful, less lawful.


I pretended I was not responsible.

I pretended I was not irresponsible.

I pretended I was innocent Just a bystander

And I saw the sadness from their madness

And I saw the tears from the jeering, jabbing, jabbering, damaging demented actions.

And I saw no smiles nor gladness, just stress and strain, loneliness, loss,

 from such cruelty without restraint.

And when  I thought, "So Shameful" It was too late.


The pain had been too great.

It was too late.

Because of the meanness of those ravaging against correctness,

a royalty for such a comradery created  such dejectedness


And I reflected: I could have interfered

And there would have been another fate

A better act than hate.

But I had failed to react

And I cried, tried to hide that I could have done something.

I could have been a righteous friend

And not let there be such an end to innocence, uniqueness, blessedness, dreams so grand. 

I could have stopped the recklessness, the offensive. Oppressive. Massiveness, divisiveness of a misguided majority 

riding on the power of disempowerment for an unheavenly stake.


If only I had done what I could, what I should have done

Against what I saw, heard, witnessed, knew…

I pretended and now I know I am guilty too.

I would have made a difference if not pretending indifference.


I pretended, but I was aware

And I cared but did nothing

And the victim is now nothing, is no more. Is no more.

I failed the test of reaction, action.

I did not give support. I did not retort. I did not report the crime.

I did not fight for right.

I did not make an alliance against noncompliance, violence, wrong.

I failed the test.


Will I be next? 




--
Sincerely,

Robin Ticker
Activist emails sent to my list  are L'Ilui Nishmat Yisrael ben David Aryeh ob"m (Izzy - Kaplan) and Howard Chaim Grief great activists and lovers of Eretz Yisroel, Am Yisroel and the Torah. Yehi Zichronum Baruch.  May their memories serve as a blessing.

Most of these emails are posted on Shemittahrediscovered.blogspot.com 

Personal emails to individuals will not be posted to my blog. 

No comments: