Monday, October 03, 2011

Song, One Day ..... Rosh Hashana greeting from Latma

bs"d 


Latma is spoofing the Maccabeats in a gentle way. 
 

When I first heard the Maccabeats sing this song in Central Park at the Israel Day concert,  it upset me.  Not because I am against Peace or dislike this song.  The opposite.  However, in todays world, "Let us go in Peace" really translates to let us empower terror.  

Our goal is to go LeShalom, towards peace and not BeShalom, in peace. (Avshalom, Dovid Hamelech's son walked in peace which was actually a rebellion towards King David, the true king) 

The Peace process is really going "BeShalom"  with peace which in reality empowers evil and terror.  Sometimes when we go towards peace we must talk of War.

Latma as well senses the blind naivite of those that sing this song and is warning us not to be fools. (Robin Ticker)

One Day Lyrics (Matisyahu's One Day Cover)

Sometimes I lay under the moon
And I thank God I'm breathin'
Then I pray don't take me soon
'Cause I am here for a reason

Sometimes in my tears I drown
But I never let it get me down
So when negativity surrounds
I know someday it'll all turn around because

All my life I been waitin' for
I been prayin' for, for the people to say
That we don't want to fight no more
They'll be no more wars
And our children will play, one day

It's not about win or lose 'cause we all lose
When they feed on the souls of the innocent blood
Drenched pavement keep on movin'
Though the waters stay ragin'

And in this life you may lose your way
It might drive you crazy
But don't let it phase you, no way

Sometimes in my tears I drown
But I never let it get me down
So when negativity surrounds
I know someday it'll all turn around because

All my life I been waitin' for
I been prayin' for, for the people to say
That we don't want to fight no more
They'll be no more wars
And our children will play, one day

One day this all will change
Treat people the same
Stop with the violence down with the hate
One day we'll all be free and proud
To be under the same sun
Singing songs of freedom like

One day, there will sanity in the world.  In the meantime, be strong, don't cave, know that we are watched from Above.  (Arlene Kushner)

--
Sincerely,

Robin Ticker
Activist emails sent to my list  are L'Ilui Nishmat Yisrael ben David Aryeh ob"m (Izzy - Kaplan)  a great activist and lover of Eretz Yisroel, Am Yisroel and the Torah. Yehi Zichrono Baruch.

Most of these emails are posted on Shemittahrediscovered.blogspot.com 

Personal emails to individuals will not be posted to my blog. 

No comments: