From: Yosef Rabin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: A plan of action for the Temple Mount before the UN Vote!
To: Iggud Harabonim <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, Rabbi David Algaze <email@example.com>, Rabbi M Friedman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
With honor to:
Rabbi Mordechai Yitzchok Friedman, The Tyrnava Rav
President/Av Bais Din, The American Board Of Rabbis/Vaad HaRabbonim Of Americawww.vaadharabbonim.com
Rabbi Gershon Tannenbaum,
Director, The Rabbinical Alliance of America / Igud Horabbonim
Rabbi David Algaze
Chairman, World Committee for the Land of Israelhttp://www.davidalgaze.com/
A plan of action for the Temple Mount.
I posted a new petition aimed at the Israeli Minister of Internal Security Yitzchak Aharonovitch who is in charge of the anti-Jewish policies on Har HaBayit. It seems that we now have an address to turn to, which means that we must put tremendous pressure on him.
The idea is to collect 100,000 (hopefully more) signatures on this petition and we will release it to the media the week before Abbas address the UN. The address is scheduled to take place on September 22nd or 23rd. We will release the petition along with statements from Rabbanim and local Jewish leaders and hopefully create a fire storm ahead of the Pali speech and vote.
If both the The American Board Of Rabbis/Vaad HaRabbonim Of America, The Rabbinical Alliance of America / Igud Horabbonim and the World Committee for the Land of Israel could promote the petition and urge the Jewish community to take other actions as well. I think it would make a big impact.
I have a suggestion:
Organize a joint press conference with the Igud, Vad and Committee and any Jewish organization that is willing to participate. I should mention there is a major Har HaBayit/ Mikdash dinner conference here in Israel on the 18th of September – 19th of Elul and I am including the flyer as an attachment. Perhaps we could organize a live hookup with the conference in Israel and Press conference in the US.
The press conference would declare and make the following demands:
- · The unity between Har HaBayit and Am Yisrael
- · The Israeli Government namely Minister of Internal Security Yitzchak Aharonovitch immediately allow for both Jewish Prayer on the Mount
- · The Israeli Government must allow for the reinstitution of the Korban Pesach, starting this year
If the Israeli Government refuses these demands, the following repercussions:
- · Israeli Consulates the Embassy in the US will face ongoing protests
- · Israeli Diplomats will be boycotted and protested at every public and private event
- · The Jewish community will begin sending financial and other aid to Har Habayit activists on the ground in Israel
There is a Halachcic debates as if it is permitted to ascend Har HaBayit in our times, there are major poskim on both sides. What is clear however it is not the place of a secular almost anti-Jewish government to be persecuting Jews who ascend Har Habayit according to Halacha. It is the obligation of every Jew who cares about the honor of Hashem and the Torah to raise his voice and not be still.
I want to end with a story:
When Ehud Barak went to Camp David, Arafat turned to him and asked why Israel needed sovereignty over the Temple Mount, when there is not a single Jewish structure or activity there. Ehud Barak did not give an immediate response and called the head of the Secret Service who was Avi Dichter to see if he had any case. Avi Dichter told him that there is one Rabbi who takes his students up to the Temple Mount once a week. With that information Barak went back into the negotiating room and stated that Israel could not hand over the Temple Mount because indeed Jews make pilgrimage every week to the site. That was the last straw, which broke down the negotiations and thus saved Israel from itself. This story was told to me by HaRav Yosef Elbaum , head of HaTenua Lekinun HaMikdash (Organization for Temple Renewal), Dichter had called him and revealed this to him.
The lesson is clear, the Temple Mount is the key issue, it makes no sense to throw away the gift (Temple Mount) and demand to keep the wrapper (Jerusalem). It is a package and everyone knows it. As you know there has been a very clear Israeli policy, which damages not only Jewish personal rights, but our national right to Jerusalem on the whole.
This is more or less the situation on the Mount today:
· Only Jews have restricted visitation times on the mount 4 hours a day, Monday -Thursday. The mount is closed to Jews on Friday, Saturday all Muslim holidays and even Jewish holidays that coincide with Muslim holidays.
· Only Jews are forced to wait an extended period of time before being allowed through security. Only Jews are forced to present their ID's to the police.
· Only Jews are followed and harassed by Israeli police and Muslim Wakf guards throughout the entire visit on the Mount.
· Only Jews are arrested for crimes such as prayer, closing eyes, bowing down or singing.
· The Prime Minister of Israel has failed to include the Temple Mount in his own "Heritage Plan," among those sites of historical, cultural and religious significance to the Jewish people, to receive enhanced government budgeting for the improvement of access, upkeep, and beautification of the sites.
The Mount has completely been abandoned to the Muslim Authorities and is used by Muslims for the following dangerous, destructive and disrespectful activities:
· Illegal digs causing unparalleled destruction of Temple antiquities and the historical Jewish presence on the Mount.
· The turing of the Temple Mount into a recreation center; Muslim soccer games and picnics are frequent on the Mount
· Endless incitement against the Jewish State and Nation from within the Mosques.
· Physical attacks against Jews on the Mount and down below at the Western Wall
The future of the Mount is in our hands!
Below is the text of the petition, which can signed by clicking this link.
Video about the Muslim "connection" to the Mount
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU9CauJP4Pg (We do not take credit for the Video)
Video About ongoing persecution of Jews on the Mount (in Hebrew; we do not take credit for the video)
To: Yitzchak Aharonovitch
Minister of Internal Security
Government of Israel
Jewish Rights on the Temple Mount:
The Temple Mount is the holiest place in the world to the Jewish people; yet Jews are denied the right to pray in groups, and even as individuals; this refusal is accompanied by their constant degradation, and they are granted no opportunity for any religious expression whatsoever on the Temple Mount.
It is our position that if the stature of the Jews on the Temple Mount were to change positively, in a manner that would reflect their status as law-abiding citizens, sons of the nation that is sovereign on the Mountain and as people who have basic human rights in the Jewish state, then the standing of the State of Israel would immediately improve. This would effect a positive change for the benefit and security of all its citizens.
We demand that the Government of Israel grant the Jewish people freedom of religious expression on the Temple Mount. Additionally, the government must establish special fixed days for Jewish communal prayer in fixed locations on the Temple Mount. This move will serve as evidence of Jewish sovereignty on the Mount and the protection of freedom of religion for all.
*The Three Pilgrimage Festivals of Israel which are Sukkot, Pesach and Shavuot.
* The 14th of Nisan, the eve of Passover, is the day on which our holy Torah obligates each Jew to bring the Passover offering (it should be noted that this right has already been recognized by Israel's High Court of Justice, #2955/07 ).
* Rosh HaShana and Yom Kippur
* The eight days of Chanukah
* The Three Fast Days of the 10th of Tevet, the 17th of Tammuz and the 9th of Av
* Israel Independence Day and Jerusalem Day
* The Hakhel Ceremony at the conclusion of the Sabbatical Year
This will serve as a preliminary step in confirming the Jewish people's inexorable connection with the Temple Mount, location of the Holy Temple, under the sovereignty of the people of Israel. However, let it be known that the Jewish people will never accept the total refusal of Jewish communal prayer on the Mountain.
Activist emails sent to my list are L'Ilui Nishmat Yisrael ben David Aryeh ob"m (Izzy - Kaplan) a great activist and lover of Eretz Yisroel, Am Yisroel and the Torah. Yehi Zichrono Baruch.
Most of these emails are posted on Shemittahrediscovered.blogspot.com