These past weeks Am Yisroel is preoccupied with the loss of a leadership that personified Ahavas Yisroel that knew no bounds.
What better way to honor their memory with acts of Chizuk and support to Achainu Beis Yisroel in Yehudah and Shomron and by claiming Temple Mount as a Jewish Heritage Site.
Surely we don't want the tables turned on us whereby Hashem allows our enemies the freedom to do as they wish unopposed while we are preoccupied with our loss. (When the Miraglim came to Eretz Yisroel, Hashem caused a magefa, pestilence, whereby the peoples were busy burying their dead(. This is not the case today. Our beloved leaders reached Arichus Yamim, with long and productive lives. What better tribute to these spiritual Giants than first addressing Pikuach Nefesh concerns of Acheinu Beis Yisroel in Eretz Yisroel in Yehudah and Shomron.
We wouldn't want the Heavenly Court to hold our distractions of these recent losses and our preoccupation with these losses as instrumental in the collective societal sin of Al Taamod Al Dam Reiacha.
Therefore, let us occupy our energies to helping our Brethren who are surrounded and under daily attack from enemies as well as delegitimized from within and from without.
OPERATION AIT LAASOT - TWINNING WiTH YEHUDAH AND SHOMRON
This is a campaign to Twin with settlements and organizations in Yehuda and Shomron. We are asking all Rabbanim to join us in this campaign and endorse it. This campaign is in order to be Mezakeh each and every Jew to claim a Chelek of Eretz Yisroel and be Mechazek those who are holding on to our precious land with their fingertips. Living in Eretz Yisroel is not a prerequisite to join this campaign. If you are a member of Am Yisroel, if you are Jewish, this is an opportunity to claim your precious inheritance by partnering with the settlers and in a personal way do your part not to allow it to be given or sold for a pot of lentils or empty promises of peace to those that wish our destruction. .
If you are a righteous Gentile, thank you for joining us as well. It is well known among Righteous Gentiles that what is good for Israel is good for humanity and surely those that pray for Israel, desire her prosperity and security and act accordingly will be blessed in turn.
The choices for Twinning are endless but I would like to suggest some of my favorites: Of course please feel free to choose any settlement and any institution to your liking.
- Building an Institutional Kitchen for "Chevron Hospitality"
To: Mrs. Rivka Rybak
Re: Request of Assistance in Building an Institutional Kitchen for "Chevron Hospitality"
כ"ב ניסן תשע"א April 26, 2011
3900 years ago, Abraham and Sarah inaugurated in Chevron the Jewish tradition of hospitality, with every guest being graciously received, and offered food and lodging. More than 20 years ago, we stepped into those large shoes and we're trying to continue that long-standing tradition in the holy city of Chevron.
1) "Chevron Hospitality" is engaged all year long in charitable works At the Tomb of the Patriarchs, in Chevron in particular, and in the Kiryat Arba area in general.
a. Every day, lunch is served, free of charge, at the Tomb of the Patriarchs, to anyone hungry.
b. Every Shabbat, three Shabbat meals are served, for free, to whomever is hungry at the Tomb of the Patriarchs. Some participants are guests with no place to eat, and some are needy local residents.
c. Additionally, on average, every Shabbat we host about 150 people, including meals, at cost.
d. From time to time, we prepare bar and bat mitzvahs for children whose parents cannot cover the expense, and we would like to expand our operations in this realm.
e. We cook for families in need, for example, where the mother is ill, for single-parent homes, children with illnesses, the poor, etc.
f. We cook for weddings, britot, and other joyous occasions, for anyone interested in holding their simcha at Me'arat HaMachpela in Chevron, and all this at rock-bottom prices.
g. On Shabbat Chayei Sarah, we cook for and feed thousands of people staying in Chevron, for free or at a nominal fee. Likewise, we hold a kiddush for 10,000 people.
2) However, the kitchen we work out of today, in the Avraham Avinu Neighborhood in Chevron, is very small (20 sq. m.), very crowded, and does not meet the basic standards of the Health Ministry, such that we cannot continue using it.
For quite a long while now, Kiryat Arba Chevron has needed a modern, new, institutional kitchen that can supply hundreds to thousands of meals per day, something that could help other institutions in the area.
3) After searching for a long time, we have found a 200 sq. m. structure in Kiryat Arba, in an excellent, convenient location, where we can set up an institutional kitchen to serve all the needs mentioned above.
4) The advantages of this kitchen are manifold:
a. It would meet Health Ministry standards.
b. We could produce many meals much faster.
c. It would be convenient for both the workers and needy families.
d. This would render producing and cooking the meals significantly cheaper.
e. The more we lower prices and increase the quantity of events, the larger a community of Jews we will succeed in bonding with the Tomb of the Patriarchs and Chevron.
f. Along the same lines, we will be able to increase our charitable works for families in need, as described in (1) above (d-f).
g. The kitchen will provide a livelihood to ten local families.
h. We'll be able to serve the armed forces as well, who in the past have approached us seeking to purchase ready meals from us, since they had encountered difficulties in this sphere.
i. The kitchen will be able to cook hot meals at cost for pupils who have a long day but are not recognized by the Education Ministry.
5) Let us stress that in order to fund the charitable activities of "Chevron Hospitality", which will hopefully include hundreds of meals, daily, at no charge, both for the Tomb of the Patriarchs and for needy families, we are interested in setting up a catering business which will operate out of this kitchen, and whose profits will finance our charitable works.
6) Following extensive research, and in light of the experience gained over years, we see that the cost of establishing a kitchen, according to the directives of the health Ministry, is about $235,000 ($200,000 plus VAT). Over the years, we've succeeded in enlisting $115,000 for this project, but we still lack the second half.
7) Attached are the kitchen blueprints, and itemized expenditures.
8) We are approaching you with a request for urgent assistance in establishing this kitchen, lest we miss out on this special opportunity.
Signing off with deep gratitude, and the blessings of the Patriarchs,
Yisrael Bramson, Director Ben-Zion Vataro, Chairman
We read this letter and we offer our warm approbations regarding those who wrote it, and for the great and blessed work they perform on behalf of our area,
Baruch Marzel MK Rabbi Dr. Michael Ben-Ari
N.B. Your contribution can be passed on via the "Central Fund", which is recognized for U.S.-tax-free donations. The Fund's Israel representative is Mr. Jay Marcus.
Below are the Fund's details in the U.S.:
Subject: cfi info
HSBC Bank USA, National Association
250 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10177
Account for Central Fund of Israel
ABA Bank Routing # 021001088
CFI account: # 006109616
SWIFT code (international wires): MRMDUS33
not needed for a wire -- tax id # 13-2992985
- Support Honenu: The Hunt against the Nationalists Continues http://honenu.org/the-hunt-continues/
Get on Honenu's email list; write to email@example.com
- Visit Rachel's Tomb and participate in the learning programs of RACHEL'S CHILDREN RECLAMATION FOUNDATION 5755-5771 Beit Bnei Rachel, Rachel Tomb Complex, Beis Lechem, Israel
5771/2011 July SCHEDULE
6 Learning Programs including light Supperettes ALL at 6pm
Take 5pm #163 Egged Bus to Rachel's Tomb, walk left past KR to Beit Bnei Rachel, Free Parking OPPOSITE KEVER RACHEL
Register ASAP advance 20nis, at door 30nis includes supperette
Rabbi CHAIM WASSERMAN
Sunday, July 3, 2011 Rosh Chodesh Tammuz
"The religious roots of Zionism"13th Anniversary of grand hochnassat sefer torah,Kever Rachel has been open 24 hours since
RABBI DR. JOSEPH KLAUSNER, yedidyahu
12 tammuz, Thursday, July 14,
"History of the fields of beis lechem"
Rabbi Ephraim Sprecher
18 tammuz, wednesday, July 20,
"the key to anger management"
Book your simchas with RCRF in our lovely Reception Center that can accommodate 100
- Become a member of AFSI. Director Helen Freedman. Go on AFSI's Facebook page and read the latest fabulous posts by Helen Freedman and others
Click here to Join Our Mailing List
Help us spread the word that AFSI is on Facebook and Twitter. These social networking sites has enabled us to quickly inform and educate the public about issues that affect Israel and the world. Please encourage everyone you know to connect with us on these sites. Links can be found on the afsi.com website and don't forget to click the "LIKE" tab. Many thanks! AFSI
- Subscribe to Eretz Yisroel Shalanu to get most current events/happenings in Judea and Samaria. : http://www.eish-l.org/ or send a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org See sample email, July 3, 2011l http://www.eish-l.org/cgi-bin/mail.cgi/archive/eishl/20110703005750/
- ISRAEL NATIONAL NEWS Arutz7 and YESHA BULLETIN are excellent sources of news of what is happening in Judea and Samaria and the preferred choice of News about Israel for the KOSHER Jewish Home.
- Support Chavat Gilad in the Shomron a community that needs to supply their own water and electricity generators. We would like them to be independent with alternative energy sources such as wind turbines. . Donations for Chavat Gilad can be made online via paypal at this link. Then share the Nachas of your contribution with others.
Wire info for Shuva Israel in America, a 501(c)3 charity.
This email is L'Ilui Nishmat Yisrael ben David Aryeh ob"m (Izzy - Kaplan) a great activist and lover of Eretz Yisroel, Am Yisroel and the Torah. Yehi Zichrono Baruch.
This will be posted on Shemittahrediscovered.blogspot.com