Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Exclusive, FOR SALE in Flatbush: Beautiful, handmade crocheted ladies hats and men's/boys crocheted Kippot, excellent for sports and camp since they don't fall off the head, hand crocheted by Rachel Hacohen of Shechunat Gal in back of industrial park

bs"d

To my Dear Friends, amv"sh

Do You Admire the Settlers, aka the Mitnachalim?

Ladies, here is your chance to publicly express solidarity with our brethren in the Yishuvim in Yehuda and the Shomron by buying and wearing a versatile, handmade, beautiful and colorful, crocheted hat by Rachel Hacohen. Rachel Hacohen is a courageous mother of 11 bli ayin hara, living on a hilltop called Shechunat Gal, with her husband and 11 children bli ayin hara.

In July 2006, the following description (slightly edited) of their home in Shechunat Gal was taken from Jonathan Stein's live journal July 14-15 Shabbat 2006. http://msstein24.livejournal.com/30225.html

Shechunat Gal, is a hilltop overlooking the Driben farm. One structure was very unique - it is a house made of an old bus, shipping container, and industrial caravan. The living room can be converted into a shul, the walls are painted by Mrs. Driben from the farm, but the coolest part by far is the kids bus - there is a kitchen area, a bunch of little beds, and a bathroom in the front of the bus, where the toilet seat is opposite the steering wheel so the kids can pretend to drive while on the toilet.

The Hacohen family came to this hilltop when the army was stationed there in 2005. When they came, their accommodations were, yes this is really true, a converted bus. I would certainly nominate them to Extreme Makeover if such a thing existed in Israel. Rachel Hacohen is a courageous mother of 11 bli ayin hara, now living on the hilltop together with a handful of other families. But in 2005 they were the only family living there. I personally can vouch to this because circumstances had me visit their home in 2005 before the disengagement. I have an apt in Kiryat Arba and wanted to redo my bathroom. I asked my contractor, Benny, to show me some sample tiles. So he drove me to the Hacohen's home where he was doing some work to "show me some tiles". Benny my contractor was trying to help make it livable and perhaps gave me this tour because he thought I could help raise funds for them. Understandably, I was in shock especially since I had thought I was going to merely "look at tiles".

The bus was extended interestingly as described above to accommodate their large family and the physical conditions left much to be desired as the conditions in the harsh winters were not for the feint hearted. In 2005 and for the year following, members of the Kiryat Arba community met there regularly for shiurum to give the Hacohen's chizuk. According to long time resident Mrs. Zelda Horowitz, wife of Rabbi Shalom Horowitz Rachel Hacohen is a true lover of Eretz Yisroel who always kept her sweet smile and disposition, had the nicest kids and persevered in spite of her family living under a tin roof and being exposed to the elements, Recently her husband underwent an eye operation.

One week ago, my daughter studying in Kiryat Motzkin received from Rachel Hacohen's parents from Kiryat Ata nearby,15 women crocheted hats and 20 boys hand crocheted kippot that Rochel Hacohen personally crocheted and it is truly my honor to personally purchase my very own crocheted hat. My 11 year old son feels really special and cool with his newly purchased settler's kippa and is looking forward to wearing it especially in the gym.

I feel it is a special honor as well to sell these special handmade kippot.

It's first come first serve! I am selling the Ladies crocheted hats for $25 and the men's/boys Kippot for $15 each. Iti's a great price for a beautiful hand crocheted item especially since the handiwork is of a true Eishis Chayil, a true Jewish heroine, pioneer and proud settler of the Land of Israel.

Regarding the boys kippot I hear you commenting, "This is not the black velvet style yarmulke typical for Boro Park and Flatbush?

QUITE THE OPPOSITE dear friends. IT"S the latest of styles regarding boys fashion especially while playing sports. It's a cool look and this yarmulka will stay on your husband's or sons head even when he is in the heat of a game on the basketball court. Also it will make him feel as if he is in Judea and Samaria, a real pioneer out in the frontier in the heart of Israel..

Call in your orders before the supply disappears! Custom made Kippot can be put on order as well. Let's get some hard earned money back to Rachel so that she can help support her family.

Get your hat or kippa now while the supplies last!

I can be reached at 718-338-3822. or at this email. Robin.

Spread the word!

Yasher Koach and may this campaign please be a successful one bs"d.

No comments: