Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Od Yishama .Rabbinic Law is Torah Shebeal Peh. It is married to Torah Shebichtav

bs"d

One might get the erroneous impression of the previous post that I do not respect the Rabbinic Law. There is nothing that is further than the truth. I recognize that Torah consists of Torah Shebeal Peh and Torah Shebichtav. I believe in Halacha Moshe MiSinai. My particular focus as a woman is Torah Shebichtav.

I recognize that for the Rabbanim to proclaim the Covenant would put them in the Leadership position of the world which is no easy position. Perhaps they feel it is the job for Moshiach alone. It is easier to go along with the known and working concept of Democracy than to talk about a gov't based on Torah and Mitzvot.

Democracy is not the right gov't for Eretz Yisroel. Torah is. A gov't based on Torah is no short than revolutionary. It hasn't been tried in over 2,000 years. It is no wonder that the Rabbanim have been a bit shy.

I am critical only like a wife is critical of her husband. I know the greatness of the Rabbanim and what they are cabable of accomplishing. I feel that they have tremendous stored potential yet to be realized. I do not wish to dictate how the halacha is to be formed but only to impress upon the Rabbanim the Torah Shebichtav that is the source of all Halacha. Women I have been taught, received Torah in generalities first at Sinai, while the men received the details, the halachot after. It is the marriage of Torah Shebichtav and Torah Shebaal Peh that we sing about at all Jewish weddings "Od Yeshama Bearai Yehuda Uvechutzot Yerushalayim.."

No comments: